Effective vendor management is pivotal for ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations, like GDPR and TCF. CookieHub, a versatile Cookie Consent Management Platform (CMP), offers robust features for managing vendors and vendor lists. This documentation will guide you through vendor addition, categorization, and TCF integration, enabling transparent and privacy-centric compliance with global cookie regulations.
CookieHub provides versatile vendor management, accommodating various vendor types:
- Custom Vendors: These are vendors unique to your websites. You can manually add, categorize, and manage them for precise control.
- CookieHub Managed Vendors: CookieHub maintains a growing list of common vendors. You can enable or disable these pre-defined vendors as needed.
- IAB GVL 2: Vendors used with IAB TCF 2.1, managed by Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
- IAB GVL 3: Vendors used with IAB TCF 2.2, managed by Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
- Google Ad Technology Providers: Google's Ad technology providers to ensure compliance with Google's CMP policies through CookieHub.
To create custom vendors within CookieHub, follow these steps:
- Click the Account link from the top menu and select "Vendors"
- Click the "Add Vendor" button.
- Enter the name of the vendor and confirm by clicking the "Create Vendor" button.
After creation, the custom vendor will be listed in the Custom Vendors section. You can edit vendor details by clicking the "Edit" button for the respective vendor.
CookieHub provides a comprehensive Vendor Lists feature that enables you to efficiently manage and customize the vendors associated with your domains. These lists play a pivotal role in ensuring compliance with privacy regulations and maintaining transparency in data processing.
In this section, we'll guide you through the process of managing vendor lists, including how to use default lists, create custom ones, and seamlessly apply them to your domains. Whether you're utilizing IAB Global Vendor Lists, Google Ad Technology Providers, or managing unique vendors, CookieHub's Vendor Lists feature empowers you with the control and flexibility you need to tailor your website's cookie and data processing policies.
To manage vendor lists, start by clicking on the "Account" link in the top menu. From the dropdown menu, select "Vendor Lists."
CookieHub provides default vendor lists, including:
- Global Vendor List (IAB GVL 2): Featuring vendors from the IAB GVL 2 and used with the IAB TCF 2.1 policy framework.
- Global Vendor List (IAB GVL 3): Featuring vendors from the IAB GVL 3 and used with the IAB TCF 2.2 policy framework.
- IAB GVL 2 & Google ATP: Featuring vendors from the IAB GVL 2 and Google Ad Technology Providers and used with the IAB TCF 2.1 policy framework.
Note that you cannot modify the default lists. However, you can create new lists and use the default lists as templates, as explained in the "Add Vendor List" guide below.
Begin by accessing the Vendor Lists section in your CookieHub account. You can do this by clicking on the "Account" link in the top menu and selecting "Vendor Lists".
Once you're in the Vendor Lists section, locate and click the "New Vendor List" button.
A dialog box will appear, prompting you to provide a name for your custom vendor list. Enter a descriptive name that helps you easily identify the list's purpose.
Next, you can select one or more of the default vendor lists that you want to include in your custom vendor list. You can choose to include vendors from either the Global Vendor List (IAB GVL 2) or Global Vendor List (IAB GVL 3). If you've selected Global Vendor List (IAB GVL 2) you'll have the additional option to include "Google's Ad Technology Providers". Simply check the boxes corresponding to the lists you wish to include.
After making your selections, click the "Create List" button to confirm the creation of your custom vendor list.
Your new vendor list is now created and ready to be used for configuring vendor policies on your domains. This enables you to align your data processing practices with your chosen vendor lists efficiently, ensuring compliance and transparency in your website's cookie management.
When you've generated a custom vendor list and opted to include vendors from default lists, all vendors are initially selected and will be visible in the CookieHub dialog for domains utilizing the list. To refine your vendor selection, follow these steps:
- Click the "Edit" button next to the vendor list.
- Within the edit interface, locate the vendors you wish to exclude and uncheck the corresponding boxes.
- Once you've configured the vendor list according to your preferences, click the "Save Changes" button.
This process allows you to tailor your vendor list to precisely match your website's requirements, ensuring that only the desired vendors are included in your CookieHub dialog.
To ensure compliance and alignment with your selected vendors and policy framework for each domain, follow these steps to select an appropriate vendor list:
- Start by clicking on the "Domains" link located in the top menu.
- Choose the specific domain that you wish to edit.
- Within the domain's settings, navigate to the "Settings" tab.
- In the "Regional Settings & Policy Frameworks" section, confirm that you've selected the correct policy framework (either TCF 2.1 or TCF 2.2).
- Click the "Customize" button to access further configuration options.
- To assign a vendor list to this domain, open the "Vendor List" dropdown menu situated on the left.
- Select the appropriate vendor list from the available options.
- To confirm your selection, click "Save & Close," and then proceed to publish the changes by clicking the "Save & Publish" button.
By following these steps, you can efficiently implement consistent vendor lists across multiple domains, streamlining the process of managing your website's cookie policies and ensuring compliance.